Gilder Horse Transportation - Shipping sick horses w/o Coggins or CVI papers in hand. Believe what you read. Wish I had.
Gilder Transport/ Danny Gilder / www.dustygilder.com – shipping horses w/o CVI or Coggins required paperwork. Dirty old stock trailer for a 1000+ mile trip? Really??
Gilder Horse Transport / Danny Gilder delivered a visibly sick (YES, STRANGLES) horse to me on 8/7/2014. I bought the horse from R&R Farms Flemingsburg/Hillsboro KY – who gave me Gilders name (thanks). I suspect this horse went to a holding pen in MO for a period of time after I have read other reviews. Neither of them would confirm his whereabouts. (KY of MO)
The horse arrived with thick yellow mucus in his right nostril. He was covered with dead ticks (we counted over 30), chemical burns, open sores, filthy, underweight, exhausted. He looked like a horse for slaughter. (NOT how he looked when I paid for him) I could have refused the animal but his condition was so bad I don’t believe he would have survived another 1,000 mile trip. My vet arrived with an hour of his arrival and commented that this was the most exhausted horse she had ever seen.
I wouldn't even bring him in the barn without first giving him a bath with Betadine all over. He was disgusting!
I asked the driver, Tom, for a copy of his Coggins and CVI (health certificate) – he had no papers with him. There were 2 other horses on the trailer with mine and another 7 had been delivered to PA which means they were all exposed and most likely carried it with them. He was quick to take my $600 cash and hit the road with out giving me a receipt.
Anyone think they sanitized the trailer after I told them he had STRANGLES??!!
The trailer was a beat up dirty 10 or so horse stock trailer – red with white roof – not what Gilder Transport shows on their website. www.dustygilder.com No hay.
I requested both documents from Erin Hagan, R&R Farms (seller) and Danny Gilder prior to shipping. I didn’t get a copy of the Coggins until a week later by mail from the seller.
He has confirmed STRANGLES. Now my pony has it too. The barn is quarantined for 3 months. Praying it does not spread to the other 2..
I purchased a healthy horse that was damaged during shipping. $600.00 for shipping – 2 sick horses, vet bills, quarantined barn = priceless! And a seller who does not care how her product arrives to the end customer.
They should all be ashamed. Very, very bad business practices and inhumane
I was asked to not call or text anymore that horse are subject to illness during transport - I know. This did not happen over night. You don't catch ticks and chemical burns on a trailer.
What is wrong with people??
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Kowingly delivered a sick horse.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Horse Transportation
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "I have used Dannie for years now and hauled all of my horses across country and he's wonderful. Horses are always fed and watered and very well cared for. Although..."
- "I do NOT believe the ashes I received back from Pet Meadows Cremetory (in Hamilton, NJ) are in fact the ashes of my 12 pound Pomeranian, Missy. This place proved..."
- "Petco Needham Ma. 7/4/13 Broke my greyhound's leg when grooming her. Total neglect on their part. I never got a straight answer but they claim she jumped out of the..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."